After coding the website and launching it in such a short amount of time, I began to burn out. I was enjoying every second of feedback I received regarding the site, but a week ago I began to crash and burn. I had to take a break. Many of you were very supportive and sympathetic of me taking a day off, I greatly appreciate that. Turns out, I needed more than a day.
After I took that day off (which was more of a half day than a full day) I got back into the grind, starting pushing out bug fixes. But as the week went on, I started crashing even harder. Thankfully, Labor Day weekend was coming up. I must have slept for a good 30 hours, because I feel great. Add to the fact I had so many BBQ burgers yesterday, I’m a fat and happy guy.
So today, I’m feeling recharged and am spending the week tackling new features I have planned. Here’s a quick list of features in development I can disclose at the moment:
– ‘My Channel’ page for broadcasters. It includes ability to edit header, background, title and description. It also includes your FMS URL and Stream Key in case you lose the email containing that information.
– Ability to block and ignore users
– Point-and-click chat options: slow mode, mod mode, chat clear, username colors, etc.
– Instant Messaging system. This will be accessible via a widget fixed at the bottom right of your screen. You will be able to IM your friends privately directly on the website. Also, if you or the recipient is on IRC, you will be able to communicate with them from the widget as well.
– Live channel directory
– Embed video player
– Embed chat box
– Updated video player with volume control
– Ability to pop-out video
– Ability to pop-out chat
– Last but not least, purple will be added as a username color
There you have it, the list of features I am working on this week. What’s the ETA? Let’s play it by ear for now. If I rush things, they’ll only come out broken and buggy. Not to mention, I’ll get burned out trying to crank out code like a machine. But keep in mind, I’m a viewer on the site, too. If lack of a feature affects you, it affects me as well.
I appreciate your patience and support. Vaughn Live is growing daily and shows no signs of stopping. I also want to take this time to say how great it is to see people from different communities join together on Vaughn Live. It’s also very humbling to see several of you get newcomers up to speed and in check with how we do things.
We’re a chill community. Yeah, drama will happen, but there is many situations that can be avoided if we all continue to join together as a community and look out for one another. We’re all human, I don’t expect everyone to like each other. But be respectful, be mature, be kind but most of all: have fun.
There’s enough hate in the world, we don’t need to go around making more of it. Vaughn Live is an escape from that. If you see someone giving another person a hard time, whether it be hateful or personal attacks, please contact a Staff member and provide them with a screenshot of the situation. You may also send an email to email@example.com with a screenshot attached and information regarding the incident. My Staff and I will take care of it as soon as humanly possible.
Take care everyone, I’m sure I’ll see you around the channels. Hope all of you had a great Labor Day weekend and I hope you all have a great week.