If you aren’t familiar with the name MvnCaster, it is the name of our built in broadcast tool. You can find it by clicking the red Go LIVE Now button at the top of our sites (excluding iNSTAGIB.tv)
Recently we rolled out a new MvnCaster to replace the old Flash based one. Right now it’s in Experimental phase of development due to many browsers implementing WebRTC differently. So far the most stable and RFC compliant implementation is with Google Chrome. Although it does work with Firefox, too.
There are some known issues with the new MvnCaster, here is a list (in no specific order):
- Audio playback on the Go LIVE Now page causing an echo
- No video device (black screen) even though webcam is hooked up
- Getting kicked off air as soon as you start broadcast (we believe this is associated with the no video device error above)
- Doesn’t work on latest version of Opera or Microsoft Edge
- Only works in Safari on iOS (iPhone/iPad)
These issues are being addressed and will be rolling out bug fixes to (hopefully) address these known issues. Although the Micrsoft Edge issue may be last on the list due to how broken their WebRTC implementation is.
If you have any questions or experience any issues, please visit Tech Corner and one of our awesome volunteer Tech’s will do what they can to help you!
Note: Tech Corner is available on all of our sites.